Kaede Bed & Breakfast
Since August of 2006, KAEDE (Ka-eh-day) B & B has hosted visitors to historic Ipswich, Massachusetts, beside the North Green on Town Hill.
KAEDE combines a touch of Japanese culture with New England charm in this historic Federalist building, also known as the Colburn Home.
Daily we provide cooked to order western breakfasts and a tasteful Japanese option.
We are owner operated, so if a bit of communication, accountability and flexibility is something you might desire in this ever increasingly wired and disassociated world, we’re right here.
- Ten individually appointed rooms, all with private bathrooms (all bathrooms are en suite except for SAKURA ‘Cherry room’ where the private and unshared bathroom is located across the hall)
- Full breakfast cooked to order with fruit course, coffee, tea, every morning
- All rooms include window unit air conditioning, access to hair driers and irons, wireless Internet, 5 rooms also include a full line-up of cable TV channels (and 5 do not have TVs for those of you who find bliss to be a less digital experience)
- Water, and tea always available in the dining area, and there is a fridge for your things in the common area
- Plenty of space downstairs to enjoy a good book or a stimulating conversation and the patio is a great spot to relax in the late afternoon
We serve a full breakfast every morning, cooked to order from a menu of Western options or a simple Japanese option (that can be pre-ordered when you check in). Breakfast is served from 7:30AM to 9:00AM every morning.
Western fare is usually a choice of an omelet, pancakes, or our stuffed French toast, accompanied by bacon and toast as appropriate. You are free to choose anything that you find on the menu, and we can always simplify. Our menu varies daily, but there are always 4 or 5 items to choose from.
Some examples of what have been on the western menu this season:
- KAEDE stuffed French toast with applejam and cream cheese
- Buttermilk pancakes with blackberries, blueberries, peaches, or other seasonal fruits
- Spinach, feta and roast red pepper omelet
- Goatcheese, spring onions and sun dried tomato omelet
- Maple crisped ham with cheddar cheese omelet
- Porta bella mushroom, ham shoulder, with pecorino romano omelet
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella omelet
Kaede Bed & Breakfast
16 North Main Street
Ipswich, MA 01938