Kaede Bed & Breakfast
Since August of 2006, KAEDE (Ka-eh-day) B & B has hosted visitors to historic Ipswich, Massachusetts, beside the North Green on Town Hill.
KAEDE combines a touch of Japanese culture with New England charm in this historic Federalist building, also known as the Colburn Home.
Daily we provide cooked to order western breakfasts and a tasteful Japanese option.
We are owner operated, so if a bit of communication, accountability and flexibility is something you might desire in this ever increasingly wired and disassociated world, we’re right here.
- Ten individually appointed rooms, all with private bathrooms (all bathrooms are en suite except for SAKURA ‘Cherry room’ where the private and unshared bathroom is located across the hall)
- Full breakfast cooked to order with fruit course, coffee, tea, every morning
- All rooms include window unit air conditioning, access to hair driers and irons, wireless Internet, 5 rooms also include a full line-up of cable TV channels (and 5 do not have TVs for those of you who find bliss to be a less digital experience)
- Water, and tea always available in the dining area, and there is a fridge for your things in the common area
- Plenty of space downstairs to enjoy a good book or a stimulating conversation and the patio is a great spot to relax in the late afternoon
Policies and Other Things to Know
CHECK IN HOURS are from 2:00pm to 8:00pm, CHECK OUT is before 11:00am.
If you anticipate this may be an issue, please contact us and we can try and make arrangements for you.
CANCELLATIONS happen and are understandable, but we reserve the right to charge a minimum of 1 night’s stay for any cancellation made within 10 days of the reservation. We also reserve the right to charge a $25 deposit fee for any cancellation. Please remember, we are all human, so if your plans change, contact us as soon as you can, you will find us to be reasonable more often than not. But don’t wait, we appreciate knowing as soon as YOU know.
Due to the age of the building and also allergy concerns for both our family and other guests, we DO NOT ACCEPT PETS at KAEDE. If you are traveling with, there are options in town where your friends can stay the night. Please ask.
We are FAMILY FRIENDLY. If you are bringing your child, do let us know in the notes and we can make sure everybody is comfortable. Please note that the room price is for up to two people.
If you have allergies or dietary needs, we appreciate if you could let us know ahead of time so we can do our very best to accommodate.
We serve a full breakfast every morning, cooked to order from a menu of Western options or a simple Japanese option (that can be pre-ordered when you check in). Breakfast is served from 7:30AM to 9:00AM every morning.
Western fare is usually a choice of an omelet, pancakes, or our stuffed French toast, accompanied by bacon and toast as appropriate. You are free to choose anything that you find on the menu, and we can always simplify. Our menu varies daily, but there are always 4 or 5 items to choose from.
Some examples of what have been on the western menu this season:
- KAEDE stuffed French toast with applejam and cream cheese
- Buttermilk pancakes with blackberries, blueberries, peaches, or other seasonal fruits
- Spinach, feta and roast red pepper omelet
- Goatcheese, spring onions and sun dried tomato omelet
- Maple crisped ham with cheddar cheese omelet
- Porta bella mushroom, ham shoulder, with pecorino romano omelet
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella omelet
Kaede Bed & Breakfast
16 North Main Street
Ipswich, MA 01938